Sunday, April 19, 2015

T.C.: Robert Creeley: After Lorca


.

File:Malaguilla Countryside view2.jpg

Malaguilla, Provincia de Guadalajara, Castilla-La Mancha, Spain: photo by Häkan Svensson, 2004


.............................................................for M. Marti


The church is a business, and the rich
are the business men.

............................. When they pull on the bells, the
poor come piling in and when a poor man dies, he has a wooden
cross, and they rush through the ceremony.


But when a rich man dies, they
drag out the Sacrament
and a golden Cross, and go doucement, doucement
to the cemetery.

 
And the poor love it
and think it's crazy.


obert Creeley: After Lorca, 1952, from For Love (1960)


File:OLIVAR12.jpg

Olivar en Alcalá la Real, Jaén, España: photo by Michelangelo-36, 2005

3 comments:

VANITAS said...

This is such a great poem. I am always amazed how tough and tight Bob was, right out of the box. He has the lyric gift, combined with a gritty, purely American, tonality, that hits it perfectly. And his political nature is ever more relevant.

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

Roseville Furnace Repair said...

Great post thankyou